Tips for Cleaning Your Office
When is the last time you cleaned your office? If you spend a lot of time at your desk – home office or your work – keeping it clean and organized will help keep you focused, and keep the germs away. Here are some tips about cleaning your office, and how to clean some of the more difficult items like the computer monitor, keyboard and mouse.
How to clean computer monitors and laptops:
– Use a microfiber cloth that will get rid of the dust without scratching.
– Laptop keyboards: use bottle of compressed air to clean, gently wipe with disinfectant wipes and dry with a microfiber cloth.
– For laminate or another washable material: use an all-purpose cleaner, wipe with a sponge, and rinse.
– For sealed wood surfaces, use a mix of vinegar-water cleaner.
How to clean the keyboard:
Unplug it and hold it upside down over a trash and shake it a few times to get out all of the dirt and crumbs. Gently wipe the surface of the keys with a disinfectant wipe (squeeze out any excess liquid first). You can use keyboard covers to help keep it clean – it’s much easier to wipe off and disinfect the covers than the keyboard itself.
How to clean your mouse:
Unplug and/or remove any batteries. Use a disinfectant wipe (after squeezing out any excess liquid first) and damp microfiber cloth to clean the surface and wheel of the mouse.
Dust off furniture, window treatments and windows with a multi-surface cleaner and duster and sweep or vacuum the floors.
Tasks to Keep your Office Clean:
1. Recycle, shred or toss papers.
2. Use a microfiber cloth to remove dust from your computer screen/monitor.
3. Wipe down your desk, keyboard and phone with antibacterial wipes.
4. Remove all food and beverage items from your work area.
5. Empty your trash and recycling into larger, centrally located bins, if available.
6. Clean your computer monitor/screen with an approved screen cleanser or wipe.
7. Sort, organize and file papers at the end of each day.
8. Replace broken tools (get rid of all of the pens that don’t work).
9. Spray fabric spray on upholstery/drapes.
10. Organize your email/computer files too – create a logical digital filing system and reduce your desktop icons to a select few.
Save time, and let us do the cleaning for you! The Domestic Engineer offers residential and commercial cleaning. Call 517.605.6944 or setup a free quote online.